Friday, February 20, 2009

10 Goals for My Kitchen Space

Spring Cleaning started a bit early this year and my kitchen area and pantry have been my first place of 'attack." As I've been re-organizing my pantry - developing a year long, well-equipped one, I decided it'd be good to also write down some of my goals for this year.

1. Monday Menu planning day and Wednesday's is coupon cutting day – allowing room for spontaneity. I always love to visit Laura's Organizing Junkie! Laura uses Mondays to inspire women to menu plan. I’ve recently started employing Google Calendar for my menu planning and I LOVE it.

About eighteen years ago I was a fan of once a month cooking, but weekly menu planning works best for me in this season of my life. Rachel writes about Batch Cooking here.

2. Maintain a well stocked and organized pantry.

3. Keep my linen closet neatly organized.

4. Plan, plant and regularly attend to our vegetable garden and incorporate the produce into meals.

5. Organize my recipes and evaluate my present system. I like what Lindsay has done here.

6. Keep my counter tops (working space) free of unnecessary stuff. De-clutter, de-clutter and do it again is my mantra.

8. Purge old spices and maintain the alphabetized organization. Develop a year long pantry (post coming soon).

9. Create beauty at my family table with colorful and delicious food – to have the display as wonderful as the food and the company around the table.

10. Keep it all simple.

Related Posts
1. Re-Organizing the Pantry - Part One
2. Cooking in Lylah's Kitchen
3. Making Home Peaceful

Stumble Upon Toolbar

4 comments:

Brooke said...

i try to declutter, but the hubs doesn't mind stuff laying around so inevitably...

Julie Willis said...

Great Goals! I like the "tend the vegetable garden regularly". I had no trouble planning or planting. But with Thanksgiving and Christmas etc. I didn't get out there as much. I hope spring goes better.

Lylah Ledner said...

Hey there Brooke & mom of 4...thanks girls for stopping by and saying hello!

it's hard to declutter when there isn't a mutual understanding of the benefits...sorry (=

i'm planning on gardening this week...can't wait to get my hands in that dirt. :-

Anonymous said...

Kitchen Space definately invites "sanctuary"...which I am very much into. A couple of your reminders were already on my to-do list for this coming week!!
Shalom!