Friday, February 20, 2009

Saving Money in the Kitchen

Home makers everywhere are trying to find ways to save money. I think the kitchen is a good place to discover some new ways.

One of the says that I save money and time is to buy bulk carrots and onions and then to spend about an hour using my kitchen aid to chop and dice the whole bunch and then freeze them in little baggies.





As I'm preparing dinner and my recipe calls for onions or carrots - I've already done the work - I just grab out a little baggy. Saves time and money.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

4 comments:

kalea_kane said...

Great tip. :) I do much the same with meat. Enjoyed browsing your blog. :)

Have a great day!

Kelly

Anonymous said...

Good ideas...I also like to put a loaf of bread in the freezer and only pull out what I will use for the day.

This keeps me from constantly throwing out half of the loaf

Deni said...

I love that idea, I am going to start doing that! :) I am so glad I found your blog!

Lylah Ledner said...

Hi Kalea, Nikki & Denise...thanks girls for stopping by and making encouraging comments AND leaving your ideas here too!