Thursday, December 06, 2007

Moms and Aprons - They go together


I'm not sure yet, how this relates to creating sanctuary or making a haven, but, it does have to do with Moms and Aprons.
I can remember my mom and my grandma always having an apron on. Crystal told us that she's a firm believer in aprons like the HillBilly Housewife, and that the Marie-Madeline studio is going to give one of their beautiful aprons away on her blog.
Then, my mom sends me this ever so sweet picture of her in her kitchen with HER apron on. My mom sent me her Potato Soup recipe.

And, another apron tidbit is that Susannah Wesley, mother of John and Charles had a unique way of praying - she'd put her apron over her head so she could have the "quiet time" she was looking for.
What's up with the apron thing? Then . . . my daughter Candace asks ME if I would make matching aprons for her and Ivana . . . I wonder what God's trying to teach me about the apron?
Who else wears aprons? I'd love to see some pictures of your aprons. . . .

Stumble Upon Toolbar

5 comments:

annie said...

i love aprons! i made one recently and have plans to make many more. in fact, they're going to be christmas presents for my mom and mother-in-law. :)

thank you for your comment the other day. i left a comment on my blog, but thought i'd visit you. :)

Lylah Ledner said...

Hi Annie..thanks...for visiting...i didn't see your comment...i need to go check those things :-) btw...do you have a picture of your aprons? and a suggested pattern?

i just love the laundry on the line picture....blessings

annie said...

i don't have a picture of the one i just made. i need to take one! i didn't use a pattern for it, either, but traced an apron i already had. i need to fix it, though, because it's a little too wide at the top and the neck strap doesn't fit well. you can read more about it at my crafting blog. i did make an apron a year or so ago using mccall's #4958. i made the half-apron. it came out so-so...called for WAY more fabric than necessary. i don't know how the other apron style for that pattern is.

Anonymous said...

Your mother is beautiful and her apron is so festive! What a great way to feature your mother and her amazing cooking into your blog. Merry Christmas!

mommato4 said...

Hi Lylah,
I love the picture of your mom in her apron! It reminds me of holidays with my mom in the kitchen, she is always wearing an apron as well! This is a 'tradition' I don't want to see die! I want my children to grow up seeing aprons too...it just seems symbolic to me of a simpler life. Aprons seem to radiate an excitement and joy of the home! I don't have a picture of me with an apron on my blog...but there is one here http://biblicalwomanhood.com/customapron.htm
I'm sooooo not photogenic, but I do love aprons!! :)
Have a wonderful day!
Christy