Thursday, January 10, 2008

The Musician and His Soup

a delightful repost from 12/07

I'm into this "makin' soup" craze.

The other day, my husband clutched his steaming hot bowl of chicken soup, looked up at me and said, "Honey, thanks for making soups!"
Wow, ya shoulda seen this girls smile!

I've had so many comments online, in comments, offline and personally about the different soups I've posted. I've even been called, by one reader, the Queen of Healthy Soups. Now that was so nice!

So, I thought to help all you soup makin' women, I'd compile my list of soup and recipes here with the different links. Hope that helps and if you have a comment on any particular one, let me know if it's one we should keep making or dump!

Split Pea Soup - My husband's favorite




Christmas Shrimp Soup - YUM, from Maria's Kitchen

Cabbage Soup - YES!!!


Pumpkin and Apple Soup with Chestnuts - don't know, but it looked amazing

Claire’s Apple Butternut Squash Soup - don't know, but Pami says YES!

Claire’s Rosemary White Bean Soup - don't know, but Pami says YES!

Claire’s Cheddar Corn Chowder - don't know, but Pami says YES!

Asian Corn and Chicken Soup - don't know, but will try very soon. Looked great!

Country Bean Soup - haven't tried yet, but I love soup with beans

Curried Sweet Potatoe Stew - I hear it's fantastic!

Smoked Salmon Chowder - daughter, Candace says YES! with a smile!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

5 comments:

lindsay edmonds said...

Thanks for all the great soup recipes...you are wonderful! Tis the season for warm soups. What a sweet hubby you must have!

Lylah Ledner said...

hello beautiful lindsay. . . you are so welcome!!! oh, he's my love....have you heard his music?
http://myspace.com/michaelledner
http://myspace.com/michaelsmusings

tonights soup? my mom's potato soup.

blessings..

A Marriage After His Heart said...

Okay Ly,

I tried the Chick Tortillia Soup like the Sunday before Christmas, my dad loved it so much that we had it for Christmas!!! That was the best recipie ever and my TBBF ( To Be By Faith) loved it too..... I can't wait to try the rest of it. You go soup lady!!!

Lylah Ledner said...

beautiful mom for God...thanks for the post..i'm jazzed that the two men in your life LOVED the soup! yahoo....i like being the "soup" lady. the other day i resurrected the split pea soup (it'd been in the freezer - btw - it froze well) and my husband said,"Honey,this is my favorite." I said, "Really?" I didn't know that!

Danielle said...

Oh my gosh, this is awesome! I'm going to print these out and start makin' soup! :)