Thursday, October 23, 2008

counter culture - returning to roots

My dear friend Val of 3 Blonde Mom's Blog sent me this book read. She reads TONS and I love to hear her talk about her current reads. I'm a counterculture girl (I think Val might say she is too).

We started revisiting our roots here wanting that path to freedom and here with Garden Girl. And as a mentor, I'm all about women understanding the difference between being cultural and following the societal mores verses understanding the dignity of womanhood (especially in 'dating') through the lens of God. Living through God's lens centers a woman.

What's your counter cultural revolution about?

Stumble Upon Toolbar

2 comments:

Jenn @ Frugal Upstate said...

I read that book last year and really liked it. Why can't you be an organic loving, birk wearing conservative? I am.

Lylah Ledner said...

and...flip flops are my favorite over the steletos.