Tuesday, August 12, 2008

what's lylah serving for dinner this week?

I thrive when I plan and live on purpose. Summers tend to be lazy days, but now that we're moving toward fall when margins can run full, I'm getting into the swing of purposeful menu planning again. I am using Google Calendars to work my menus. Love that thing!

I'm joining Laura's Menu Planning Brigade and because Michael and I went away for the weekend and I just got back today, I'm late in posting "What's Lylah serving for dinner?"

Tonight (Tuesday the 12th)
I served Italian Marinara with Turkey Meatballs and Pasta. Simple and makes hubs happy!

Wednesday the 13th
I'll serve Roasted Rosemary Chicken with potatoes and carrots (from our garden). I'll add a simple green salad and it'll be all good!

Thursday the 14th
Thursday's are Michael's men's group night, and he usually has dinner out so I'll be making myself a Basque Salad. It's important to add salt, the white wine vinegar and then add Spanish olive. It has to be in that order (some crazy reason it makes a difference) and it has to be Spanish olive oil. I could eat this salad every day.

Friday the 15th
Black beans with pieces of chicken, tomatoes, cheddar cheese tucked into spelt tortillas and drenched with some great salsa! Simple and complete dinner.

Saturday the 16th
I'm serving one of our favorite soups - Tortilla Soup. This is a fantastic crock pot soup.

Sunday the 17th
Sunday evening is our home group night and we'll grill burgers. Everyone comes and brings burgers. We're hosting this group at our home.

Monday the 18th
Left over Tortilla Soup - it just gets better! I'll serve a simple green salad and we'll have some yummy bread!

Tuesday the 19th
I've got to make and serve Lindsay's Grilled Veggie Sandwich and so I will.

Wednesday the 20th
I'm making Madras Curry & rice. 

Lunches at our home consists of leftovers, sandwiches and soups. Here's the list of all my soups.

Breakfast is consistent with one of the following:
steel cut oats,
Good enough to eat pancakes,
french toast,
eggs and toast and bacon,
crepes and on
special occasions I serve ableskivers. Yum!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

1 comments:

The Broken Man said...

Yum - can I come to dinner! :)

The broken Man