Thursday, May 22, 2008

the best chili verde - maria's!!!!

One of the ideas of the Simple Home is to learn from other women. I learn about Mexican food from Maria who makes the absolutely best. I LOVE Mexican food.

Maria's charro beans and salsa are to die for. Really.

Maria also makes the BEST tacos too. Little did I know at the time of eating these very yummy tacos that they were made of . . . well, something I would not have eaten had I known.

I wrote about the JOY of not eating tongue or cheek here and well, just read Maria's comment at here. (Scroll down.)

This past Sunday, I (along with some friends) had the delight of trying Maria's Chili Verde. Oh, my gosh. Amazing. The best Chili Verde in the whole world.

Maria improvised a bit by adding extra Hatch chili and not as much oregano as called for.

Chile Verde Recipe
1 1/2 pounds tomatillos
5 garlic cloves, not peeled
2 jalapenos, seeds and ribs removed, chopped
2 Anaheim or Poblano chiles (optional) *** ( I have Anaheim chili's growing in my garden!)
1 bunch cilantro leaves, cleaned and chopped
3 1/2 to 4 pounds pork shoulder (also called pork butt), trimmed of excess fat and cut into 1 to 2-inch cubes
Salt
Freshly ground black pepper
Olive oil
2 yellow onions
3 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
2 Tbsp of chopped fresh oregano or 1 Tbsp of dried oregano
2 1/2 cups chicken stock
Pinch of ground cloves

Read the rest here.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

0 comments: