Thursday, February 07, 2008

Thursday Thankfulness

Gosh, it's Thursday and I'm not sure where the days have gone. Guess, it's because I'm still struggling with the "stuff" I got from Spain - the "stuff" that supposedly took down half the city. Cough, congestion - you know that kind of thing.

Yesterday - was my Grandkiddos Day. I love those days - not only do I get to kiss the cheeks off of Zane and Ivana, and not only do I get to input my legacy of God and Life into their souls, but I get blog fodder.

*********************************************
2 a.m.
I roll over towards the middle of the bed. I sense this "presence" and sure enough it's the Ivana presence that is a present.

Ivana: Nana, can I sleep with you.
Nana: Of course, honey.
Ivana: Thanks.
I hoist her up and over and snuggle her up in the middle between musical hubs and I.
Ivana: Nana can you make oatmeal now?
Nana: (in her head . . . huh?)
Nana: Not now, in the morning.
Ivana: When's it going to be morning?
Nana: When the sun comes up.
Ivana: Is the sun down?
Nana: (in her head . . .huh?)
Nana: Yes.
Ivana: Nana, I love you.
Nana: (big smile) Ivana, I love you so much.

All the times I missed those moments as a mom of little ones (mainly because I think I was in survival mode) God is giving back to me . . . and more.

One day, Ivana won't come into our bedroom and ask to sleep with me.

One day, I will miss that, but for today, I'll take it whenever I can get it. Will you?

Stumble Upon Toolbar

5 comments:

Bonnie said...

This is great ! What a good reminder to enjoy the kids childhood ...

Too bad customs let that 'stuff' through ! They should have taken it off you on the way into the country ! :) Hope you are feeling better soon !

Laura said...

That is so awesome that you have that special time with the grandbabies. My parents moved across the country two years ago and it makes me so sad for what my kids are missing out on.

Very sweet,
Laura

Lylah Ledner said...

Thanks Bonnie and Laura for the sweet comment. I am thankful for the time I get with my AZ Grandkiddos and my Espaniol Grandkiddos. You gals are awesome!

DEANNA said...

I loved reading this! I wrote about something similar on Jax's 8th birthday party. Time goes way to fast to not slow down and enjoy those little moments that make you feel like a zombie but are so worth waking up for. Just like the Kenny Chesney song says, "life goes faster than you think...DON"T BLINK!"

Lylah Ledner said...

hi deanna woman! thanks for the comment....kenny must have heard me coin the phase "if you blink they'll get married" and then put it in his song...hmmmm i wonder if there are any royalty rights? just kidding...love u..