Friday, January 25, 2008

What are they talking about?





















While at the open market in Oridizia, my eye caught these men standing together (it's fuzzy because of my zoom). Notice the Basque berets. I love snapping the pictures of older couples or groups like this. It intrigues me. I wonder who they are, their life stories, the wisdom they might have to offer me and of course, I'm wondering what they are talking about.


I learned the other day that there is something called a koadrilla here. I am not sure of the spelling, but the meaning has to do with men like the ones in these pictures that grow up together in the same group. They kinda hang out their whole life.

It's interesting that I don't see that so much in the States. My grandfather, from Germany, always said that America's greatest curse was the U-Haul.
For fun, post a comment on what YOU think they are talking about.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

0 comments: