Tuesday, January 22, 2008

France on Saturday

I don't know what it is about women and France, but I'm one of them. My last trip here, Michael and I took a train to Biarritz, France and this past Saturday Jenni, Megan and I drove 40 kilometers to St. Jean de Luz. This community is absolutely amazing! Sorry, I don't have a better word. It's a quaint seaside resort - has a medieval looking castle there (didn't get to see it yet) that has connections with Louis XI. See here for a bit of info.

I loved my walk through this little town. One of the things that struck me so strange is how VERY QUIET it is. As us girls walked through the little streets and into shops, you could have heard a pin drop. Definitely NOT like that in the States. I almost felt like tip toeing and whispering. It was actually kind of nice.

The drive there. . .





Part Two here.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

1 comments:

Bonnie said...

Beautiful ! Just beautiful !!