Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Dinner with Joxun and Pili - Part Two

This is the Basque symbol called a lau buru. Historians and authorities compete to apply allegorical meaning to the ancient symbol–some say it signifies the "four heads or regions" of the Basque Country and the rest can be read here.
This amazing dish is called Hojaldre r rellender. It's made with solmillo de cerdo con bacon y queso. Hopefully you understand this - I don't - all I know is that it was GREAT! The first course was finger type foods - bread, cheese, asparagus, bacon type meat. Michael and I were plenty full with that. Smiling that all was good. Content. Finished. Then, Pili brought out the traditional Basque salad that Ana had made. Oh, yeah....done. Finished. Beyond content. Then, the main course - this dish. You just can't say NO. This pork dish was amazing. I know I keep using the word "amazing" to describe most things - but that's the only word I can think of to describe the food.

Joxun serving us. That's his mother Contxi to his side.

This was the next "amazing" course - the desert.
I'm not a big fan of Tira Misu, but THIS one that Pili made -
well it was amazing.
Joxun and Michael playing and Gerald
joining in on a "kind of a conga drum."

Part One is here.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

1 comments:

Bonnie said...

I just left a comment on your daughter's blog ... you might be interested to read it once they've approved it. It's about what a "small world" this is !! I left it on the post "A little something cute"