Monday, December 17, 2007

5 Aprons for 5 Women in My Life

About three weeks ago, Candace asked for a gift.

This gift involves me digging my sewing machine out of my closet.

It involves me making some hip aprons!

It involves me making some creative combo fabric decisions
(NOT easy for me).

And, it involves me (who hasn't sewn for some time) to make mother and daughter aprons - as gifts for Christmas.

In this process, I figured if I'm going to make 2, I might as well make 5 (for my other daughter
and granddaughters
).
Now, I must tell you, in spite some creative anxiety, I am very excited to do this love project.

I'm delighted that Candace would ask.

I did find a pattern. It's a design from the Marie-Madeline Studio.

Today - I pulled it all out. I piled my fabric folds into coordinating
colors, then I stood back to survey it all and then I tried to figure out what might look hip with what.

I've even asked my 3 yr. old granddaughter, Ivana what she thought. (Can you tell, I'm not so confident?)

If you have any suggestions from looking at my fabric, as to what you think would look hip, please don't hesitate to write! I'll keep you posted as I sew along.

For fun, here's a picture of my mom in her apron!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

0 comments: