Saturday, August 18, 2007

make a difference - build a bridge

I heard about an opportunity to make a difference. So, I decided to go ahead and make one.

I spend most Tuesday afternoons in a government subsidized apartment complex here in the Phoenix Valley. I call this complex "Somalie Land" because many Somalie refugees that live there. I go because I have an opportunity to make a difference and teach English to Somali women who might not otherwise have an opportunity to learn English.

What's interesting is that I thought I'd make this difference in their lives, and that is true - I am making a difference in them. But what is also true is that the BIGGER difference is being made in ME through the opportunity to touch their hearts and hands with mine.

May I encourage you to go make a difference. Go love someone!If you open your ears, open your eyes and open your hands and go - you might find out that the biggest difference will be made in you. May I encourage you to be a Kingdom Seeker, Live in the Kingdom and learn the Ways of the King of the Kingdom? May I encourage you to go, build a bridge?

Stumble Upon Toolbar

2 comments:

Dana said...

Mom- you are leaving a legacy not only for your daughters- as we watch you obey God and love others-but also your grandchildren. You are so beautiful, I love you. Candace

Lylah Ledner said...

thanks sweet daughter....