Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Choices Have Consequences

When I was younger I made choices without much thought to the consequence. Thinking through the ramifications of decisions and choices that I was presented with weren't in the forefront of my thinking.


Today, I realize that every step I take and choice I make has a corresponding consequence that inevitably I will and must be responsible for.

If I choose to spend my time foolishly, I'll pay for it somewhere else.

If I choose to neglect my home front, I'll pay for it somewhere else.

If I choose to blame my husband and nag him, I'll pay for it somewhere else.

If I choose to neglect my inner soul life, I'll pay for it somewhere else.

If I choose to eat whatever I want to eat, I'll pay for it somewhere else.

If I choose to discount my role and influence as a wife, mother and Nana, I'll pay for it somewhere else.

How have your choices been going lately? Take a look around you and you'll see where you're paying for those choices.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

0 comments: