Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Busy Hands

In case you've noticed, I've not blogged much lately. In case you wonder why - it's because my hands are busy on random and necessary home front projects. Some projects left undone a year ago. I know. I know. Shoulda, woulda, coulda - it's just life sometimes.

It's amazing just how much one woman can acomplish within her home when she isn't on the computer! Amazing.

Yesterday, I spent about five hours in my garden. Gardens are lovely, but need a boat load of tending - in order for there to be fruit, things must be pruned, pinched, guided, given extra water and good nutrients. Kinda like children and training them.

In and out of those outside hours I also made the BEST - I'm talking the BEST ever lemon poppy seed muffins. One little four year old wants to have a tea party and I thought I'd make scones - until I found this recipe (another post).

I also made amazing apple crisp, and started a batch of home made whole wheat bread with a new recipe that I'm loving (another post).

All this to say, is that I'll be in and out of blogging as I'm realizing how far more productive I can be with my time by keeping my hands busy - not on the lap top.

What about you?

Stumble Upon Toolbar

1 comments:

Melissa @ The Inspired Room said...

Good for you Lylah, this is SO SO true! :-)