Thursday, November 20, 2008

where are we all headed

I know that I've occasionally been veering off from simple home encouragements along with heart to heart relationship stuff. I also know that I've lost some precious readers due to what I suppose some might call radical posts. That does bum me out and I truly never intend to divide or confuse or have women be angry at me or accuse me for being divisive.

My intent is to cause women to think and to not be deceived about the realities that are around them. Hey, I personally like my bubble. I'd stay there if I could and pretend my world is just peachy keen. But, that's not real and I can't pretend and since I can't pretend it's all OK, I don't.

Sometimes I "feel like" this watchwoman on the wall where I'm shouting to women to wake up. It's crazy out there and it's getting crazier.

Here's some more proof:
Circuit City
155 stores closing

Ann Taylor
117 Stores to close nationwide
Closings planned over the next 3 years

Lane Bryant
40 Stores closing nationwide

Fashion Bug
100 stores closing nationwide

Catherine’s
10 stores closing nationwide

KB Toys
150 stores closing nationwide

Eddie Bauer
27 stores closing nationwide

Cache
14 stores closed but several others open

CompUSA
All stores closed

Dillards
Closed Middletown, Ohio store in April

Disney Store
98 stores closed nationwide

Home Depot
15 stores closed nationwide
Won’t open 50 stores planned for 2009

Talbots
78 men's and children's stores closed by September

15 furniture chains closed last year, up from 10 in 2006 and 5in 2005, according to Furniture/Today, a trade publication. Two of the largest, Wickes and Domain, closed this year.

Pacific Sunwear
154 remaining Demo stores closing

Foot Locker
140 stores closing by end of 2008

Linens N’ Things
371 stores liquidating
All set to be closed by Jan. 1

Macy’s
9 stores

Zales
100 Stores

84 Lumber Co.
30 stores

Charming Shoppes (Lane Bryant and Fashion Bug)
150 stores

Movie Gallery
160 stores as part of reorganization plan to exit bankruptcy

Pep Boys
33 stores

Wilsons the Leather Experts
158 stores

J. C. Penney, Lowe’s and Office Depot are scaling back or delaying expansion. Office Depot had planned to open 150 stores this year, but will now open 75.

Sprint Nextel
125 retail locations

Resource taken from here. And Paulson and Bernanke to try and fix this bubble?

What are YOU doing to protect and preserve your family in such days of uncertainty?

Stumble Upon Toolbar

0 comments: