Thursday, November 06, 2008

howdy - i'm still here

Howdy. It's been a bit quiet around here lately.

My homefront hasn't been quiet though. It's been full of wonderful life moments that I couldn't neglect.

So, in the quiet space of no new blogging, I have been reminded the past two weeks, that blogs, twitter, and facebook will all come and go but the gift of time with family and dear ones is what I value most. It's those in the moment memories I will take with me into eternity.

Growing old remembering some some great blog post I might have written or how great my stats were doesn't appeal to me.

Instead, I want to remember the moment my seven year old granddaughter came to me and asked me if I ever had a crush on a boy when I was in first grade.

I want to remember the moment, yesterday, I found my two grandsons sitting on the wall talking [ uh, goofing off] about how they could pick up the pile of sticks faster.

Nana:
Hi guys, what are you doing? I thought Poppi told you to pick up the sticks and make piles?
Zane:
Nana, we're talking about how we can pick up the sticks faster.
Nana:
{Trying not to smile or laugh}
Oh, OK.




Yup, personal blogging days have been quieter and in these silent spaces, I've noticed a bit more of life that might have passed me by had I succumbed to any pressure to write another post.

In these quieter days, I've become more thankful for that which God's surrounded me with. I confess, last night was the first in a long time when I laid down next to my husband whispering, "Thanks God, so much for this man."

Be encouraged to take some time for yourself and reflect on the goodness and grace of God that surrounds you rather than be consumed with the next twitter, the next blog post or whatever else happens in the wired world.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

5 comments:

Melissa @ The Inspired Room said...

So true, dear friend! I treasure the times AWAY from my work online. While I now make a (meager!) living this way, online is not where I live. It is offline, in those precious conversations with little people, hugs, meals, and treasure hunts that life truly happens. Hang on to those moments in life! Thanks for the sweet post!

xoxo
Blessings,
Melissa

Anonymous said...

That's good advice - and I agree. So often lately I find myself choosing to go DO something with people I care about rather than simply writing about them. Of course, it seems like the time spent enjoying your family made a great post too! And those pictures are great.

Mrs of the Regiment said...

I've been missing your posts but am glad to hear all is well and you are having some quality time with your family.

la femme elisabeth said...

I was wondering where you'd gone! I am so glad it was to spend time with your little ones...see you soon?

Lylah Ledner said...

awe.....elisabeth....so nice to be loved :-)

yes...we'll see you soon.