Monday, October 06, 2008

one of the things michael and i do for fun

Marriage is so important to the survival of the family and the family is important to the survival of the community. As is the marriage - so goes the family and then the community. And, when I'm talking marriage - I'm talking a good marriage - not the kind when two people just become room mates and when the kids are gone they wake up one morning not having a clue who the other person is.

A good marriage just doesn't happen - it takes work - a lot of hard work. Michael and I have worked hard on our marriage - learning to understand and accept each other with all the warts and wrinkles.

I think one of the things that's often neglected in marraige is that couples don't do things together. It's like the husband is off doing his 'own' thing and she's off doing 'her' own thing and never the twain meet. There's just something so powerful when two people "serve" and are unified in what they do. Michael calls it a 'one-flesh' ministry. There's double glory when we combine our gifts and personality by doing "it" together.

So, in light of that, I'm going to periodically post some of what we've done together in hopes that you'll be provoked to think of how you and your spouse might join forces and get a double glory effect.

This past January, Michael and I enjoyed a few weeks in Basque Country. Besides going to great pastry shops (for fun) we spent time in a French school teaching a Beatles song, "I get a little help from my friends."

Here, we are in Basque Country (French side). Michael, the guy who went to Woodstock, is teaching them the old Beatles tune, "A Little Help from My Friends." And me? I'm the proud one enjoying him as he plays and sings. Do you know how powerful it is when you look "adoringly" at your husband and really mean it?

Stumble Upon Toolbar

7 comments:

Unknown said...

How cute is that?

Lylah Ledner said...

well...thanks! it was a blast!

Anonymous said...

Aww you guys are cute. Thanks for the reminder though Mathew and I know that it is important that we spend time together even thought our daughter is so little.

Anonymous said...

I think you are both great examples to other couples of what to strive for in a marital relationship. Look forward to seeing you sometime!

David

Lylah Ledner said...

hey david (s?) ...thanks....

Ronel said...

This is amazing!! I wish...

Anonymous said...

How sweet! That looks like a lot of fun. :-) And definitely an important reminder. I've always thought that doing things together is one of the most important things for a relationship.