Wednesday, April 30, 2008

my mom's crazy about cupcakes

Mom's been busy lately. Since she's gotten crazy about cupcakes, she's been trying out some fun, new cupcake recipes like these . . . .

. . . . Peanut Butter cupcakes with chocolate frosting. I'm not a fan of peanut butter (other than pb&J's), but after looking at this picture of her recent delecacies, I thought these would be worth a try. I do have five (+1) grandkiddos, ya know!
Mom's other peanut butter cupcake recipe is here.

PEANUT BUTTER CUPCAKES

Cream 1/2 cup chunk-style peanut butter and 1/2 cup butter (or shortening).
Gradually add 1 1/2 cups brown sugar, beating until light.
Add 1 teaspoon vanilla and 2 eggs, one at a time, beating until fluffy.
Sift together 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour, 2 teaspoons baking powder, and 1/2 teaspoon salt; add alternately with 1 cup milk, beating after each addition.

Fill paper bake cups in muffin pans half full.
Bake in 375 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes.
Cool; frost with chocolate frosting. Makes about 2 dozen cupcakes
Way to go MOM....

Stumble Upon Toolbar

1 comments:

the griffin familia said...

I think I might just make these!!!