Saturday, January 05, 2008

The Simple Home - Using Coconut Oil and Other Natural Stuff

Every now and then, I'll take a red-cup coffee break and go visit Lindsay's Simple Home over at Passionate Homemaking. I always find great ideas from this savvy, green, waffle-making, frugal mom!

On tonight's coffee break visit, I thoroughly loved learning from reading Linday's new post on natural body products.

She highly recommends using Coconut Oil and after reading the benefits, I say a big YES!

She wrote that coconut oil:
Promotes weight loss
Provides an immediate source of energy
Supplies fewer calories than other fats
Supplies important nutrients necessary for good health
Is highly resistant to spoilage (long shelf life)
Is heat resistant (the healthiest oil for cooking)
Coconut oil has been called the “healthiest dietary oil on earth.” She says, "This is the item that I have just started incorporating into our diet. I have been cooking with it, adding it to smoothies, and now I am realizing the benefits to using it as a natural body product."

Lindsay tells you how use coconut oil as a hair conditioner and deodorant. For the rest of her advice, read here. I think I'll go take a tablespoon of coconut.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

3 comments:

LMAlphonse said...

Pleased to meet you! I love your ideas for a Simple Home, and the way you describe what a Simple Home should be. Thank you for stopping by and introducing yourself! (I've also never met another person with the exact same spelling as me!)

DEANNA said...

I LOVE COCONUT OIL. I USE IS AT A MOISTURIZER AS WELL AS HAIR CONDITIONER. I HAVE NOT USED IT TO COOK YET BUT WILL TRY IT OUT WHEN THE TIME COMES! I LOVE ALL THE WONDERFUL INFO YOU GIVE! YOU INSPIRED ME TO START CLEANING UP, ORGANIZING AND JUST SIMPLIFYING THIS HOUSE OF MINE!!! LOVE YOU
DEANNA

DEANNA said...

I LOVE COCONUT OIL. I USE IT AS A MOISTURIZER AS WELL. ONCE THE TIME ARISES I WILL START TO COOK WITH IT! I LOVE ALL YOUR AWESOME INFORMATION YOU GIVE OUT! YOU HAVE INSPIRED ME TO SIMPLIFY THIS HOUSE OF MINE AND I EVEN STARTED LAST NIGHT WITH CABINETS AND THE PANTRY! I HAVE A LONG WAY TO GO BUT THAT IS OK. EVERYDAY YOU GIVE ME NEW INSIGHT INTO BEING A BETTER MOM AND WIFE! LOVE YOU MISS LYLAH!