Saturday, December 13, 2008

lylah's tuscan kale salad with lemon, parmigian reggiano & EVOO



The other day I enjoyed a girlfriend lunch at a new fancy schmancy organic kind of kitchen place. The menu was amazing. So much so, that I wanted one of each. Since I'm growing kale in our winter garden, I settled for this kale salad that was to die for.

Tonight I was craving it, so I skipped my little self down the Princess Pathway with my little red handled kitchen scissors and snipped three big leaves off my very lovely kale and then I trotted my little self back into my kitchen and then I proceeded to re-create the "to die for" Tuscan kale salad.

Here's the secret: 4 minced cloves of garlic, fresh squeezed lemon juice, finely chopped kale and EVOO. Enjoy and let me know how you liked Lylah's Tuscan Kale Salad (copied from the fancey schmancy kitchen).

Stumble Upon Toolbar

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds yummy and easy! I'll try it!

angela

:-)

Anonymous said...

I've been trying "new" vegetables for our family...but especially to widen our daughter's vege eating horizons...she'll eat brocolli and raw carrots, a few green beans, and lettuce. Last week we tried radishes (which, surprise!, she loved dipped in ranch). This week I'm going to reintroduce celery and add Kale as well after reading your post. It sounds good to me. I have actually never tried it myself. Thanks for the recipe. Sounds delicious! ...I also got a recipe for a lentil soup that I'm hoping to get her to eat in the next week or two.....!
Faith

LeLo said...

This sounds great!

Anonymous said...

I need to try this. I finally acquired a taste for bitter greens...

Anonymous said...

wow! so beautiful!!delicious looking. Will try it out soon. Thanks so much for sharing.