Monday, May 03, 2010

Time for Okra

In the past, okra was a vegetable I would only look at and preferred to not eat or touch. Seemed way to slimy to me. I changed my mind the day I was served some fried okra.


And, so, last spring I seeded some okra and was absolutetly enthralled with its beauty.

Morning garden walks are always a delight to me, and seeing the flowering pods of the okra made it extra special. Indeed, okra is lovely to look at.



It's that time of year again, here, in the AZ desert to seed okra and so a few Monday's ago, several farm volunteers came by to specifically seed okra in starter pots. And just look what's coming up in those little seed pots - okra!

All because of fried okra, I have a new Twitter friend who is all about food and wine and she posted this yummy fried okra here.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

4 comments:

M Hastings said...

Nope. Just can't get behind it. Beautiful plant, but I'm just not for the flavor :(

L'Adelaide said...

well, haven't had it fried and since everything is better fried, right? maybe i will like it then....and of course, right out of your own backyard wouldn't hurt either....otherwise, i don't know but thanks for enlightening me about it a bit more....always open to learning about new veggies, since i need to eat lots more of them :)

Farming On Faith said...

Hello~
I am so happy to meet you. You have a lovely blog!
I will be back soon to take a look around when I have more time.
Blessings~
Carrie
http://farmingonfaith.blogspot.com/

found in paris said...

LOVE that first pic with the bright blue bench!