Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Uh, Borrowing from DD Blog

My home front is a tad busy lately and so my creative juices are spent in a few other - uh, misc. projects (to be revealed - with a new blog on our new family adventure) - so in the meantime, I'm stealing my dd's blog post from the other day.


peach season



We finally tried out our local "CSA" Bountiful Baskets (thanks to Kristen and her lovely blogfor being the catalyst!). I used to do the CSA (community supported agriculture) thing in Portland and it was so fun to get a box of fresh from the garden produce every week. Loved it. The big reason we finally decided to give Bountiful Baskets a try here was that they were offering Utah peaches with their normal produce basket for an amazing price! We added some 90 pounds to our order with a strict objective (besides eating 'em): canning. Ivana washed, I cleaned/peeled/chopped, and Mom did all the hard stuff. We made a great team. Haha. I so felt like Laura Ingalls.

one satisfied customer


Stumble Upon Toolbar

2 comments:

Debbie Petras said...

I'm learning all kinds of good things from you, Lylah. I didn't even know about this but I joined their email list and will check it out.

Blessings,
Debbie

Jenn @ Beautiful Calling said...

I was glad to see the floating peaches. I canned peaches for the first time this year and wondered if they were supposed to do that...