Monday, September 21, 2009

The Benefits of Goat Milk Lotion and Soap

The other day, I was reflecting to a time in my life about twenty-five years ago when I raised a few dairy goats on a little "farm" in North Texas. And, lately, I've been thinking about goats again. And recently started reading some "Goat Blogs." Mary at Annie's Goat Hill is one of them. As a matter of fact - she makes (and sells) goat soap and lotion of which I recently sent in my second order cause I LOVE the stuff!

On a side note about the benefits of goat soap and lotion:
Did you know that goat milk is the only milk that contains capric-capryllic triglyceride, which helps moisturize the skin and contributes to the softness of the soap? And, did yo know that goat milk contains over 50 nutrients, minerals, acids and enzymes that serve to nourish and revitalize dehydrated skin? No joke - it does!

According to my new goat magazine "people have been using goat milk for centuries to improve skin and enhance beauty. The ancient Egyptians considered a milk bath the ultimate in luxurious living and Cleopatra regularly bathed in pure milk. Modern science has discovered that goat milk soap has a pH similar to that of human skin and regular use of goat milk soap will maintain a moisture balance that results in smoother, softer skin." It's true. I think I need another order from Mary before you all buy it up.


Stumble Upon Toolbar

1 comments:

Edda said...

Very interesting. As I can can see on "La maison et le jardin" you must have a wonderful garden. Cheers!