Tuesday, August 25, 2009

A New Sense of Community: Front Yard Gardens

I've become this crazy avid gardener - not that I have a ton of experience under my belt, but I sure love it.

While in Portland a few weeks ago, this front yard garden thrilled me terribly.


I'm thinking - what would (could) happen if - in every neighborhood - every home had a front yard garden? And what would happen if within a two block radius - some families grew certain kinds of food while other families grew others kinds and then . . .


. . . what would happen if neighbors shared freely with each other what every they grew and whatever other families needed . . .




. . . you think the sense of community might have a new meaning?

Stumble Upon Toolbar

1 comments:

Vanya Wilkinson said...

what a wonderful idea, sure me a nice change to lawn!