Thursday, January 08, 2009

breakfast in bed - creating sanctuary

Creating sanctuary - making breakfast in bed for the one you love.

I'm gonna make my husband breakfast in bed next week. {grinning big } Sh....don't tell him OK? It's a surprise.

Speaking of breakfast, I'd say that, for our family, it's just about the most important meal together. That simple connection of eating together - being nourished together - starting the day God's giving together is of great value. Eating breakfast has this way to pull the day together and make it go better.

It helps that breakfast is my favorite meal to prepare and to eat. My grand kids always ask me to make my buttermilk pancakes. Some get chocolate chips, others get and blueberries and my favorite are banana's with walnuts - all with grade B maple syrup.

On special occasions I'll bring out the Aebleskiver pans and make those little Danish pancakes.

This morning one of my daughters grabbed out this book off my cookbook shelf. I've had Breakfast in Bed Cookbook forever and absolutely love the recipes in there. They tout the Best Bed and Breakfast recipes from Northern California to British Columbia and I think they could be right!

This granddaughter loves my buttermilk pancakes.




Eating a meal at the table - one that has been planned for and prepared with care has power. The table has “centering” power that gives structure and stability, love and security in a world that offers little of. Would you consider creating sanctuary - reclaim the power of the table and make your family breakfast? What's your favorite breakfast to eat and prepare?

Stumble Upon Toolbar

5 comments:

Melissa said...

I've been finding many ways to show my family how I love them and improve my sense of creating a sanctuary for them in our home. I see a difference in my husband and son's attitudes to me making everything homeade and taking the time to present it to them in a way that shows they are worth the extra step. I love that. By doing that, it makes me feel good inside and I in turn feel more balanced as I keep my home a sanctuary where Jesus is Lord and He is guiding me in all of my home duties. May God keep shining His light in life and home!

In Christ's Love,
Melissa

Kimba said...

What a fantastic idea. My hubby would flip if I showed up bedside with hot pancakes. Next weekend. I'm doing it.

And I couldn't agree more about eating at the table together. It centers us as a family.

Kimba

Jeannette said...

That is a great idea!!! Your Grandkids are so cute. I always look forward to watching the little video clips that you put on of them.

Jeannette

Jeannette said...

That is a great idea!!! Your Grandkids are so cute. I always look forward to watching the little video clips that you put on of them.

Jeannette

Jeannette said...

That is a great idea. Your Grandkids are so cute, I always look forward to seeing the little video clips you put here of them. :o)

Jeannette