Thursday, December 25, 2008

it's a day

Morning started early. At least it felt early. We welcomed baby Roman home last night and I did my Nana duty -being on duty during the night watch. I think I slept about an hour. Didn't matter, I had a new baby to snuggle.

Five grandkids waited with anticipation for the morning to begin. Two grandkids informed Michael and I that it was 7 o'clock. 7 o'clock is the hour that all kiddlets wait for.

In our home it's tradition for Michael to give the morning signal by playing Jingle Bells as little ones run to join in - and this morning it was with a ton of zeal. Too cute.

Our tree had little piles of hand picked gifts for each kid - from parents, grand parents, aunts and uncles. It's always a fun time to watch them open their gift and it's equally fun to watch them learn to rejoice in what the other kid got.

Roman
, the newest member of our family, slept through the whole gift giving process.

It's also tradition to make Aebleskivers
. I did. We ate. We ate some more. Yumm.

A stuffed turkey baked, while some napped and others played and others cleaned up. Some took walks and others ate a second piece of pie. Some held baby boy and others kissed him.

Sweet reflection, dinner's done, Dishes are done. Half the family is still here. Some still playing and some getting ready for bed and others sitting and reflecting (that'd be me).

It's been a good day. It's been a real good day. It's been an awfully good day. Thanks God. I love you.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

0 comments: