Wednesday, July 02, 2008

traveling tales of lylah - part 4

I last left you off in Longsford Village - a little hamlet outside Terminal 4 of London's Heathrow Airport.

After my 15 minute or so walk down the lane to the bigger hotel with wi-fi, I came - a tad hungry. Lo and behold, right in front of my eyes my stomach saw (huh?) what seemed like THE place to nosh.

When you see a bunch of locals at a restaurant/pub you have to believe that there's a good reason. The fact that I couldn't get a seat outside and had to stand around inside, told me, "Lylah, ya scored!" The White Horse Pub - had my name written all over it. YES!
Being the "people person" that I am - I like to ask and I did, "So, what do people say is a must eat in your pub?"
Inside the White Horse local yocals - just hanging around, shooting the breeze (I guess that's what they could call it in England) and drinking some brew. This place was tiny. I mean really tiny. Maybe 10 square feet or a tad more. And, the ceiling couldn't have been any more than 6.5 feet high. It was buzzing with brogue.

Oh, yes, "flat Lylah" pays a visit. I wonder if these guys thought?


OK, this is what is THE MUST EAT at the White Horse Pub . . . fish and chips. And, guess what? I ate the whole thing. This was truly THE BEST fish and chips I've ever eaten. The fish was haddock.

And, you'll want to stay tuned - I've got some more traveling tales tommorrow!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

0 comments: