Monday, July 28, 2008

questions i'm asked - who is lylah

Lately, I've been asked some really good questions: Who are you? What's your purpose in blogging? Who are you trying to reach? I LOVE those and periodically, I'm asked questions like, "What kind of facial products do you use?" I LOVE that too.

In reviewing The Lylah Blog, I realize that it's time for me to post some answers to the good questions.

Who are you?
Let's see. I'm Lylah! I love life and seek to live it without regrets. What helps me stay on track is daily living with a "frame-work" of purpose defined in my personal mission statement that I believe is my God-given purpose (statement) in life ~

"I live to use my power of influence to LOVE deeply and
change the world around me for the sake of the Kingdom (of God)."

I also am Michael's wife. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE being Michael's wife. I would NEVER had this much opportunity to gain character and reward (only comes with the right attitude) without being married to him. What I mean by that is - the truth be told, marriage is sometimes hard and we all need to change and marriage either changes us to be sweet or bitter. I'm sweet.

Part of a wife's job description: is to learn how to respect, give honor to, serve, follow, submit to his authority, treat like a king, be a blessing to a man who might not 'earn' respect, be easy to follow (because he's most likely not sure where to go or how to get there). And, yet, this is what God spells out for us to do and this is what's rewarded (only when do with a good attitude).

I'm also a MOM. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE being a mom. Being a mom is another one of God's gifts to women. I enjoy watching my daughters (Candace, Jenni) grow and mature and develop character as they are the best moms to my six little grandkiddos. Being a Nana is the most amazing thing in the whole world. Right now as I type, Ivana keeps wanting to trace my hand with this orange crayon. How can I say no? Can't. Won't. Love it!
And that's just a snippet of Who I am!

What's your purpose in blogging?
I think the main purpose in blogging is to use it as a platform to teach - to teach women how to live on purpose, become biblical - be confronted with ideologies that oppose biblical living - which in my wise opinion is THE only way to do life and find joy in returning to the homefront - learning the gentle art of Home Keeping - reclaiming the Home as a Place of Dignity and Sanctuary.

I've been in ministry to women for over twenty-five years. These years have been as a leader, disciple-maker, mentor and coach to women. I'm passionate for women to be better (biblical) and confident wives and mothers. I think it's one of the ways that the world can change is if women's hearts turn homeward. I also believe that a woman's greatest "ministry" will be from what flows from her kitchen.

Who are you trying to reach?
My blog is geared toward women. I suppose men lurk around, but it's for women and about women and the issues they struggle with, have concerns about and long to have answered.

It's about life, home, gardening, baking cupcakes, coloring with grandkids and teaching them to work.

It's about being a wife and having an intimate marriage. It's about being a mom and a friend. It's about an older woman helping a young woman learn the gentle art of Home Keeping and Creating Sanctuary.

It's about learning to and being encouraged to Trust in Him, have hurt and wounded places grieved over and healed and grow in relationships with girlfriends by not gossiping and learning to listen.

As an older woman, I suppose my primary target is the younger woman but in reality it's for ALL ages of women.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

4 comments:

Org Junkie said...

I love that you have a genuine heart and passion to help other women. You are a blessing to me.

Lylah said...

awe...laura....you're so kind....can't wait to see what you teach us bloggers on organizing those links!

Beth Ann said...

Lylah!

I love reading your words and wold love to see you in action. (and hubby too)
Im not a bad person, but I cant get over the submission part. I almost run the opposite way, and am trying to grasp the idea of it.
My head is spinning with ideas and thoughts. I will keep on hanging on until something changes. You truly inspire me!
Thanks for being you!

Melissa @ The Inspired Room said...

You have a great ministry here, Lylah!

Blessings,
Melissa