Sunday, March 02, 2008

The Simple Home - Bread - Power of the Table

God likes bread. He says He's the Bread of Life, so there must be something significant about the power at the table where there is bread.

I did a study on this table and bread thing and found that God gave specific instructions about the table in the Torah- Exodus 25:23-30 and here in Numbers 4:7, 1 Kings 7:48; 2 Chronicles 13:11, 29:18 And, check this out in Psalm 23:5.

I love this in 1 Kings 7:13 – 51. It's all about the temple furnishings but verse 48 is signficant - a gold table for the Bread of the Presence. When I read about the details and all the "rooms" in the Temple of the Lord, and then I come to this passage, I get the picture that it’s as if God wanted the table prepared, in the dining room, for Himself as the Bread of the Presence.

In the New Testament or the Injeel - these verses have great significance too - John 12:2,
John 13:4, 22,28, 1 Corinthians 10:21, Hebrews 9:2

In light of beautiful tables and bread, of which there's nothing like the smell of bread baking in the oven, I started finding mom bloggers who are baking some bread. I found out Monica made French bread after being very inspired by Missy Chase Lapine's new book The Sneaky Chef and my good friend Stephanie made some yummy looking sourdough.

Continuing my search for bread making mama bloggers, I have to tell you that Tammy's Italian garlic looks wonderful. Pioneer Girl Ree goes for a sweet bread - bread pudding and Thursday's are Daring Young Mom's bread making day and the one she uses is Speckled Brown Bread from her runner friend at H.I.P who got it from The Bread Baker's Apprentice.

Crystal's homemade wheat bread looks perfectly easy for beginners and speaking of wheat, Victoria emailed Money Saving Mom Crystal:

My father farms in Arkansas and my father-in-law farms in Utah. Wheat crops have been horrible this year. Therefore, flour and wheat is expected to triple by May. My father-in-law called today and advised us to stock up within the next few weeks before the wheat goes on the market and jumps. We are planning read the rest here.

Lindsay is passionate about homemaking and shares her bread recipe along with some helpful tips on making healthy bread. Amy's got Mom Advice on bread machines and some how to's on storing your bread and ingredients.

If you've got a great bread recipe or idea to beautify your table - write a post on your blog and then comment here with your post.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

2 comments:

Laura said...

Hi Lylah, I love, love, love using my bread machine to make pizza dough. We usually do this once a week. Here is the recipe we often use:

Pizza Dough

Laura

Anonymous said...

Hi Lylah, Our whole family are bread lovers and I enjoy making bread and kneading it by hand. we recently found out one of our kids is gluten-sensitive so I've been trying out gluten-free bread mixes for the bread machine. So far, Pamela's mix and Gluten Free Pantry have passed the taste test. They're a little spendy but well worth the $$ to avoid the pains of gluten allergy.
alexis