Monday, February 18, 2008

Philosopher, Musician, Husband, Father, Poppie, Friend, Pastor (and more) Michael Ledner

If you're a regular reader of The Lylah Blog - you know I really love to dote and brag on my husband.

He's not perfect by no means and we have our ups and downs but our love runs deep with passion for life, love, God, others and each other. You could say (grin, grin) that I'm really proud of my man. He challenges my mind and stretches my heart. I like that. Nothing is boring - trust me.


Anyway, while in Spain, Michael was asked by (74 year-old) Julian, "What is the meaning to life?"

The conversation didn't go anywhere in particular except that Michael started a study on: What is the Meaning of Life and the culmination of that study and response to Julian ended up being written up in Wikipedia (now how cool is that). Like I said, my husband is a philospher (which I understand is only 5% of the world's population).

Check this out. It's under the Religion, spirituality, mysticism and the meaning of life section and then under the Christian views of the meaning of life.


What else is cool is that W didn't edit too much of it.

Christian views of the meaning of life
Christians draw many of their beliefs from the Holy Bible. Christians and many other Abrahamic religions believe that loving God is the meaning of life. In order to achieve this one would ask for forgiveness of sins and receive God into his heart.

The Bible states that it is God "in whom we live and move and have our being" (Acts 17:28). The notion here is that they respond to a higher authority who will give their lives meaning and provide purpose through a relationship with the divine.

The Bible says that to fear God is the beginning of wisdom, and to depart from evil is the beginning of understanding (Job 28:28). The Bible also says, in Ecclesiastes 12:13 "Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man". Read the rest here

Stumble Upon Toolbar

0 comments: