Tuesday, January 01, 2008

The Ledner New Year's Eve Bash with the Nations


Michael and I love opening the doors of our home to serve and feed others. Last night was especially fun because we were blessed with 27 people - from the Nations.

We welcomed into our home our new friends from China, Sudan and Saudi Arabia. Our friends from India and Pakistan weren't able to come (sniff...sniff). We ate and ate and hung out and played a few games of Guesstures.

It was a great night to celebrate and welcome in another year and I can't wait to have another party for the Nations. I've already have dinner plan thoughts in the works for the Nations. The winning team of the guys - it was The Good Men against The Better Men. My husband says his team, The Better Men won!


Zeeshwen helping his wife Caixia figure out the card. John oversees the game.

Andy, Mitch and Melissa - helping set up more food.

Linda, me and Caixia trying to guess what Melissa is acting out. Our team, The Caixia Girls, lost.

Maria and Jen ( The Chica Girl Team)
You should have seen Maria...I don't know what her word was, but she acted as if she threw a football, then turned to John and "tackled" him. I've never seen John laugh so hard!


When was the last time, you as an American, had the Nations to your home? For most of our Indian friends - we were the first home to be invited to. For most of our Chinese friends - we were the first home to be invited to. See pictures of our other Chinese friends - Richard, Park and the other guys. These were taken in August (posted recently).

Many times the Nations (students or business) come to the states, and no one reaches out to them to make them feel welcomed. Many times they finish school or business here in the states and return home - not ever having been in an American's home. Would you please help me build a bridge of love?

Stumble Upon Toolbar

1 comments:

lindsay edmonds said...

Lylah, that is so awesome! I was very touched to read your story! We have a heart for the nations and missions and I love seeing others with an equal passion. I am curious...how did you get in touch with all these different people and nationalities? I would love to hear about it.