Thursday, December 13, 2007

The One Thing I Know . . .

Grandkiddos spent the night and Ivana (like I figured) came strolling in our room about 10:30 and just about scared the bi-geebies out of me.

She always comes in. She stands right next to my side of the bed, "doe - does" (those are blankets) in arm, quietly, waiting, little taps on my head . . . "Nana, can I sleep with you and Poppi?"

One thing I know . . . is that probably when she's four, she won't come so softly, nor have the need to sleep next to Nana.

One thing I know . . . is that, even though, I have a sorta sleepless night (her knees jab my back and periodically she'll toss both legs over my stomach (that's interesting in the night) . . . I'm delighted that she feels safe enough to let me make her safe enough. I will miss the nights and the "nuggles."

Another thing I know . . . is that many women struggle with Father - God being safe enough to make them feel safe enough.

When father isn't protective or absent or present or not there - it sure skews a girls perspective of Father God.

The importance of dad's building blocks
How you view your marriage and life and God today has been effected by your “girl-hood” experiences and the relationship with your father from yesterday. What a father says or doesn’t say effects little girls deeply. And, any un healed father-wounds often drive us to wear masks. I pray that the Holy Spirit will reveal to every woman who wears a mask to protect your life pain, that you will know that only the pain you reveal can be healed.

My pastor husband is teaching us, the sweet sheep, through the book of Matthew. This past Sunday, the pasture we ate in was the Beatitudes.

Jesus said that those who mourn are blessed because then they shall be comforted (Mathew 5:4). Comfort comes after mourning, and the woman who has learned to be real with her pain and mourn will be a blessed woman.
Surely, this is not the culture's thinking—culture says to hide your pain, pretend everything’s OK and wear cute masks so that no one will know that you aren’t OK and that you hurt on the inside.

God says, “you’re OK” cause He made you in His Image. God says, “I love you just how you are and He says "I will never leave you or forsake you and I long for you to be free in your areas of bondage that you hide behind and violate love by self-protective stances.”

God says, “I want to heal your father-wounds and take off your masks so that you can YADA (know in Hebrew) me as the Ultimate Father.

How a woman relates to her dad is how she'll relate to her husband.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

0 comments: