Monday, August 06, 2007

what plastics are safe?

I've assumed too many things in life. I've assumed that what I've injested, put on my skin or used in my kitchen were NOT harmful. As an older woman, I've come to realize that I've been wrong.

Did you know that certain plastics are so toxic that you could be killing yourself and your family? Here's a great site that has a downloadable Green Guide. It's www.thegreenguide.com.

It will give you a small printable list of what numbers to look for on your plastic items. It will tell you that a #1, 2, 4 & 5 are OK. It should say PET or PETE, HDPE, LDPE or PP on your product. Supposedly it is "safe."

If you want to get really radical with taking a look at the toxins you injest and how to clean yourself up - check out Detoxify or Die by Shery A. Rogers, M.D.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

0 comments: